The joy of voice recognition software

Writing cheers me up in so many ways. I can go into another world when my own is unbearable. 
I can go to another world for the sheer fun of it. 

But the voice recognition software gives me the greatest amusement. It goes deaf at the most inopportune moments. 
I'm writing a raunchy scene right now, on a warm day, with the window open. I didn't want my neighbours to hear what I was writing about. I wanted to say the words 'hot sex'. Cliché I know, but it was to do with my character's thoughts.
 My computer thought it was fanny to get me to say these words over and over again, gradually getting louder and louder. 
I've left the deliberate mistake in the previous sentence to show just how capricious it can be. I meant fanny... fanny... now it won't do ordinary words! Funny! That's better. I had to type that word. Soon, my emails are going to be sleaze-fests.

Comments

  1. Oo er! Could have been worse. You could have been saying that phrase that rhymes with clucking bell or the one that rhymes with cupid stunt.
    Can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. I did have to teach it the cluck word a few weeks ago. I'm sure my machine delighted in me repeating the phrase in a loud clear voice. What must my neighbours think?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts